Cisco 4506-E not supplying PoE to devices← Back
17 May, 2012
The steps I took to diagnose and resolve the issue were:
- "sh log" - Except for a few messages about devices being connected/disconnected, nothing stood out as being wrong.
- "sh env" - Everything was reported as Good.
- "sh power inline" - Devices connected to the card in question were being supplied power, however there were a number of devices shown as "Cisco PD" and "IEEE PD" instead of "IP Phone 7942".
- I unplugged a working phone from the first line card and plugged it into the second card - the phone powered on.
- I plugged the phone back into the first line card and it didn't power on.
At this point I knew it was only 1 line card that was affected so I reset the card:
hw-module slot 5 reset
The card reset and all the phones came back on.